We would like to give you a few helpful tips regarding purchasing property in Greece. For this reason we have published a short description with some important information. We named this information our “Golden Rules” because we believe that they are very important for our clients.
This information comprises of some general tips, legal information and information about the extra costs involved when purchasing a property in Greece.
If you would like to receive some more detailed information about our golden rules, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We advise that you deal only with professional real estate agents.
- If you are interested in building a house, please use only reputable licensed building companies. Do ensure that you visit some already constructed houses and ask for references from other clients.
- The estate commission is 3% (plus 23% VAT) for the purchaser
- The legal expenses (Lawyer, Notary, Registration office) range between 4%-5%
- The purchase tax is approx. 3% of the official price.
- Costs for electricity and especially water are relatively low
- There is a small annual property tax, included in the electricity bill
- A lawyer can represent the client with a power of attorney
- The official contracts are always written in the Greek language.
- If you are interested in purchasing land, you should examine for any potential development of the land and be sure that there are no problems with archaeological authorities as well as the forestry commission concerning development of the plot.