EU-Citizens do not need a residence permit. They can stay in the country without any time limits.
Non EU-Citizens can receive a residence permit in Greece:
- With the purchase of a property with a minimum value of Euro 250.000 Non EU-Citizens can receive a residence permit for 5 years.
- Except the official buyer of the property, this permit can be issued as well to the husband/wife, to the parents/parents in-law and the children/grandchildren (under 21 years) of the buyer.
- After five years the residence permit can be extended for another five years if the property has not been sold. Extension every five years is always possible in the future.
- After the application, the residence permit will be issued within two months.
- With the residence permit, you can live 3 months within half a year in other countries of the EU.
- A work permit can be issued for Non EU-Citizens, but another application with other documents must be submitted.